Terms and Conditions
Greensboro/Guilford Crime Stoppers, Inc.
Terms & Conditions of Rewards
- Any caller wishing to collect a reward for information must contact Crime Stoppers directly at 336-373-1000 OR text 274637 and keyword Badboyz and their tip OR submit a tip through www.ggcrimestop.org and provide the information directly to Greensboro/Guilford Crime Stoppers program. Through each of these three methods; a unique confidential code number is assigned to the tipster.
- If there are multiple callers with the same or similar information only the first caller will be eligible to collect a reward. If a portion of each caller’s information was used then the standard reward amount will be split between the callers at a proportion to be determined by Crime Stoppers after analyzing the value of the information provided.
- The information provided by callers must be information that is not already known by Crime Stoppers or the law enforcement agency investigating the case(s).
- After providing information, callers MUST call back at a later time to determine if they are eligible for a reward. Callers deemed eligible to collect a reward must contact Crime Stoppers to claim the reward within 90 days from the date the tip was provided to Crime Stoppers. Rewards not collected expire after 90 days and will not be paid.
- Rewards are only paid for felony and misdemeanor arrests based on crimes charged in Guilford County cases. Rewards may also be paid for tips that lead the recovery of stolen property and/or drugs.
- Greensboro/Guilford Crime Stoppers Board of Directors meet once a month, every second Wednesday, to discuss any tips that resulted in the arrest or recovery or property. The Board then votes on an appropriate dollar amount to be paid to the tipster. The dollar amount can vary and is based on the value of the tip to law enforcement as well as the charges against the suspect and value of any recovered property or drugs.
- Certain callers are prohibited from collecting rewards as follows: crime victims; callers with a vested interest in the outcome of the case (such as, but not limited to: parents/immediate family of victims, bondsmen, etc.); callers that are required by law to make reports to law enforcement; law enforcement officers; employees of any law enforcement agency, whether, full time or in a part time reserve status; Crime Stoppers board members or their immediate family; court officials to include: judges, attorneys, clerks, etc.; suspects in the case(s); defendants; co-defendants; and participants in any portion of the crime or that aided or abetted the defendant or co-defendant in the participation of the crime or subsequent flight to avoid prosecution.
- Crime Stoppers accepts tips and information about crimes in order to solve or prevent such crimes. Users who communicate their own criminal threats or activities by making them through Crime Stoppers are not considered to be Crime Stoppers tipsters; are not eligible for rewards; are not immune from prosecution; and Crime Stoppers will not provide anonymity for these individuals.
- Callers agree not to lose, share, or compromise their code numbers. If multiple callers attempt to claim a reward with the same number, it is Crime Stoppers discretion as to whom, if anyone will be paid.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Crime Stoppers be liable to any caller for any special, incidental, punitive, indirect, or consequential damages, whether based on breach of contract, warranty, tort, or otherwise, and whether or not Crime Stoppers has been advised of the possibility of such damages.